Planning Task 5: Photography Planning

Who will I use as models for my photo shoot? 

For my photo shoot, I will need two 16-25 year old models to use as covers for the first two issues of my magazine. I plan to represent two different groups of society in these photos, so my first plan is to take photos of two different ethnic groups. If I am unable to do this, I can also use different genders of model to achieve the same outcome. Doing this allows my magazine to appeal to two different cultural groups and make my magazine feel more authentic by representing ethnic minorities.

What thought will I give to the mise-en-scene in my photos?

In my photo shoot, the most important mise-en-scene to pay attention to will be the location of my photo shoots, costume and body language direction of my models. I will use a different location for each photo shoot; for my first issue, I plan to use an urban setting in the form of a gritty underpass near my house. This urban setting allows for my magazine to have a more distinct street style that goes with the Common Style section of my magazine. For my second issue, I plan to use a more natural setting that allows for a clear distinction between the urban setting of the first issue and the open setting of the second. I can use the park near where I live as the location as they offer a grand, clear landscape that shows off nature. The lighting of these photos will likely come as a result of the location, with one being more shaded and moody with the second brighter.

In terms of costume, for my first issue I will use a more street style outfit that will fit more with the urban setting of my photo shoot. This can also link in to the Common Style section of my magazine that focuses on casual street styles and outfits. The costume for my second photo shoot may feature an outfit that takes inspiration from another nation which ties into my Stile Global section, focusing on international fashion.

Who will take the photos, and with what equipment?

I plan to take the photos myself, as I trust in my own abilities to direct and take photos to a good standard. in terms of equipment, I will use my phone's camera as nowadays there is less visible difference between a standard phone camera and a professional high resolution camera. As a result, I don't think that using my phone camera will result in a lower quality photo and therefore I believe that my phone camera is the best choice for me. I will mainly use natural lighting, but I may use the flash on my camera to increase visibility if natural lighting is enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Completed NEA

  Dear Moderator,  My name is Thomas Clarke. Welcome to my A Level Media Studies blog. This is a record of the work I have undertaken for th...