Production Log 3 - Contents Page 1
I created the background of my first contents page using colours picked from my front cover in order to establish a colour theming for this issue of my magazine. I used a lighter background for my text to be placed on for easier readability and a darker purple foreground for contrast
I placed the title of Contents on the top of the page using the same font as my Masthead to establish brand house style and placed bars outlining different sections of my contents page. I also added a slightly lighter pitched section to the background to increase the depth of the page.
I rearranged the elements on the page in order to have more space for the headlines in my contents. I placed the four main titles that represent the different sections of my magazine in two of the four boxes, using the same font as my Masthead as they are titles. I began to create a teaser for one of the headlines that would be in my magazine, being an article about the coming year of 2026.
I labelled each of my articles for all the sections in my magazine, trying to keep the headlines accurate and relevant to the section it had been placed in. I used the regular text font because these contents are not titles and spread out across most of the screen.
I added in a teaser for my celebrity interview that was also on the front cover. this is important as this would be one of the main things that people buy the magazine for as it is present and promoted on the front cover. The graphic element of my photo also helps to break up the page somewhat from just text.
I added page numbers to the two teasers because it would help readers with finding the pages they are interested in rather than having to find the page number in with the rest of the contents. I also added some shapes to the border in the foreground to create more depth and colour on the page.
Production Log 3 - Contents Page 2







No comments:
Post a Comment