Photoshoot 1 - January
For my first magazine cover I needed to have a photo that feels quintessential with my magazine's values so that my audience can immediately pick up what my magazine is about from the front cover of the first issue.
My model, Ivan, has a naturally stylish flair that I wanted to emphasise and bring out in the cover photo, and his identity as a black man brings representation in my magazine to ethnic communities who may not find as much representation in media. This links to how I want my magazine to represent different communities around the world to my audience.
This photoshoot is for my first issue of the magazine which is set to release in January, so I wanted to make use of costume in order to convey that this is a winter release. I had my model wear a black Barbour coat and grey scarf to achieve this goal while maintaining a sense of fashion and style, reflected in the sunglasses. This attire links to the title and strapline of Stile Serio, with the goal of showing off serious style. This is so I can make sure my front cover links back the fact that my magazine is of the style genre and references fashion, one of the main themes of my magazine. I took the photos on a path near a lake. I thought the natural, wet landscape would help convey the atmosphere of January. I had Ivan pose in a serious, cool way that reflects the magazine's aesthetics.
Photoshoot 2 - February





No comments:
Post a Comment